Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A quick awesome post...

I forgot to mention in my previous post how Dylan, Ryan and I walked to school today. We were in a rush to get there but Ryan and I decided to take our time coming home. Some of you may have already seen these pictures on Facebook, but they are too cute not to post in the blog (that Ryan may one day look back at... maybe).
He stopped at this tree along our walk home and we were there for at least 20 minutes. He loved all the leaves and I loved that the people who lived there didn't come out and shout at us to get off their property because Ryan was too cute!
He proudly showed me every stick, leaf, etc. while we were there. It was awesome. I just kept playing over in my head the various things the OT said today about how differently he processes things and how he experiences life differently. On any other day I would have rushed him home and gone to the gym or whatever. Today I just stopped my brain from rushing me from this moment.
He was so cute throwing the leaves all around over and over and over... I loved it. Only when he was done did I usher him to start walking again. It was a beautiful mommy and Ryan moment. Gave me a breath of relief just watching him. I felt better. :)

Then later that day, after we got brother from school and had snack, Ryan got up from snack and starting acting rowdy. The OT today was telling me I need to watch Ryan for signs for developing his schedule. I saw his sudden switch as a sign and I set up the living room as a obstacle course. Pop up tent, pop up tunnel, stacked the couch cushions and we rough housed. Ryan, and Dylan for that matter, played rough for 45 minutes nonstop! I even played fun, playful kids music. When Ryan was done he just picked up a plane and started playing by himself. I could tell he was over it. I cleaned up. Dylan started homework. I changed the CD to a Pooh story on CD and this was what Ryan did. ... Sat down and spaced out.
Then he did this for the next 20 minutes...
He didn't sleep.. just laid there and relaxed. Then he came to the table and joined Dylan for some activities. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment