Saturday, March 14, 2015

Just another day...


So Ryan woke up starving because he refused to eat what I made for dinner the previous night (see previous post). He had a lethargic demeanor but was fine after eating a bowl of oatmeal and a bowl of cereal (which is a lot for him). 

Later in the day he surprised me and drew a picture that wasn't just of stop lights and traffic signs! It did have some signs in the picture, of course, but there were other things too! 
The picture is basically of the movie UP - which was totally random because we haven't watched the movie in a long time. 

So in the picture he says it's him to the left and me on the right. I asked him as many questions as I could to get him to explain the drawing - which was a total of 4 questions - before he was over explaining what should have been obvious. ;) 

The colorful circles are the balloons, he's wearing a sash that has patches (this was hard to understand what he was saying - thank God I've seen the movie). The blurb between the two people is a 'curved road ahead' sign (which he couldn't articulate he just kept saying it was a sign when I asked and than he moved his hand and body in a  wiggily upwards motion). Oh and the last detail I got was when he corrected me about the sign on the bottom right of the picture - I assumed it was a sign and he quickly came back with "it's a mailbox." He moved on to Legos after ditching his drawing (and me sitting next to it trying to have a conversation with him about it).

He was consumed for a large portion of the day with Legos (Friday is our light school work day to prepare for Shabbat). It was all about stop lights and windmills. I snuck a picture of what he was working on. He will sit for hours it seems and build and smash and rebuild and smash again stoplights he had built. I'm honestly shocked anything made it to the patch of road here. 

Whenever we leave to go somewhere he takes his favorite stoplights and signs with him wherever we go in a pink school pencil box. I'll have to get a picture of him with it - it's funny. 

Well that's all for how - time to change a baby diaper. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment